HEALTH AND PHYSICAL EDUCATION
CARROLL JR. HIGH
7th & 8th Grade Girls P.E.
Phone: 322-1683 ext. 2028
ALL students are required to have a Physical Education uniform , which can be purchased in the office at the price of $20.00. Students are also required to wear socks and tennis shoes.
ALL students are required to dress out daily, unless informed otherwise. Failure to dress out without a valid excuse will result in the loss of grade points. Students are held responsible for showing their excuses. Students who are excused MUST dress out but will not have to participate. Students who do not dress out at all will automatically fail. Students are given 100 points at the beginning of each week with 5-20 points being deducted if any of the following occur:
1. FAILURE TO DRESS OUT (10PTS.)
2. FAILURE TO PARTICIPATE( 10 pts.)
3. UNEXCUSED ABSENCES( 10 pts.)
4. EATING OR DRINKING IN THE GYM OR LOCKER ROOM
A. When medically excused from gym class, a note from a doctor is required.
B. Parents may write an excuse for a child for a slight injury or sickness for one or two consecutive days.( Student will be required to dress out, but will not have to participate) After two consecutive days, a doctor's note is required
C. If injured during class, student must report incident to your PE teacher as soon as possible
D. If a student develops a pattern of absenteeism and/or excuses , the parent will be notified.
Students will start dressing out August 22th (grading will began on this date). All students are requied to began wearing their uniforms SEPTEMBER 6, 2016. Students who do not have their uniform by this date will not longer be allowed to dress out which will lead to a failing grade. To help curtail THEFT,lockers will be assigned (upon request) to be used during PE only. Students must bring their own locks to secure the locker.
GYM AND LOCKER ROOM RULES
1. Students who do not dress out will not be allowed to enter the dressing room and will stand the entire period (Both inside and outside).
2. Absolutely no PROFANITY
3. NO picks or combs in hair and no grooming outside the locker room.
4. No writing on the bleachers, walls, or locker room wall and lockers.
5. FLUSH the toilets after you use them
6. Take care of your personal needs before the class leaves the dressing room. You will NOT be allowed to go back unless it is an emergency.
7. Students are to remain on their designated side.
8. If a student is ill, she/he MUST dress out and will be allowed to sit down.
9. Students must be dressed out in the ENTIRE correct uniform and tennis.
10. No gum or candy.
11. No jewelry- watches, rings, bracelets, long earrings, or chains.
12. Eyeglass guards should be worn to prevent breakage or loss.
13. Long hair- tied back.
1. Verbal warning
2. A 5, 10, or 15 minute time-out
3. Student will dress in and receive and F for the day. If student is not dressed, additional points will be deducted from grade.
4. Call parents
5. Severe Clause: Level II and III violations of student handbook**Go directly to the Dean of Students Office**
1. Bull Pup Bucks
2. Free dress day ( PE Only)
3. Good grade in Physical Education
4. Choice Activity Day (Friday Only)
5. Positive phone call made to parents
If you have any questions and would like to schedule a Parent/ Teacher conference, please feel free to do so by calling 322-1683 ext 2028 . The students are not expected to be great athletes. The only thing that is expected is that students dress out and TRY.
TOGETHER WE CAN MAKE A DIFFERENCE!!!!!!